Data Science Software Engineer, MD2K Center of Excellence
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Memphis is seeking a Data Science Software Engineer.
Minimum Position Qualifications: Bachelors in Computer Science or related field and three years of appropriate work experience in an educational or corporate setting.
The department is especially interested in candidates with:
- Prior experience developing commercial grade software, provenance systems, mobile applications, and cloud analytics is strongly desired as is prior experience working in computing or advanced technology settings (i.e. mobile health).
- Experience with multi- threaded development.
- Experience with sqlite/PostgreSQL or other SQL database.
- Experience and/or knowledge with Agile, iterative development cycles.
- Experience and/or knowledge of JSON, REST, SOAP and other similar web service technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to design and build dynamic multi- threaded mobile apps.
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control tools.
- Experience with Android build management and provisioning.
- Experience evaluating and integrating 3rd party APIs.
- Familiarity with Java, Python, R, and MatLab.
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions (e.g. Cassandra)
- Experience with cloud- based data processing pipelines: (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Experience with AWS or Azure
A Master's degree is desirable.
See https://workforum.memphis.edu/postings/14463 for additional details.